Administrators and Managers can view the all form submissions submitted by their team. This reporting is not meant to replace or augment any analytics of form data but more for Managers and Administrators to monitor work in progress. Data that is partially completed and submitted in the field can be seen online so that a sense of progress of the data collection can be estimated.
Based on configuration, Managers can also edit this data to make any corrections as may be required.
The Digital Forms has various options that can be configured.
- Active Form Versions Allowed: Default active form version is set as one, i.e. users will always work on the latest version of the form only. Administrators can set the active form up to five as maybe required.
- Allow Managers to Edit Submissions: Managers can be given permission to also edit submitted data if required.
- API Authentication: Use these credentials to access the Forms App REST API to retrieve the completed forms data for analytics and other processing. Click on the Eye icon to copy the API token. The token can also be regenerated if required.
- Email Settings: Set up the email configuration to send emails to Users and Administrators. For self service for users to reset their passwords, email needs to be configured.
- Customize the various emails that the forms application sends out
- Template Name: Choose the name of the template to customize
- Subject: Enter the desired subject for the email
- Template HTML: Design the email in any HTML email designing tool (many tools are available online). Minify and optimize the HTML and copy/paste it here. Click on Preview to preview the email template.
- Many Variables are available for including in the template that will be substituted when the mail is sent. Read about the available variables here.
- Save the template when done
- CSS: Provide CSS classes for altering the default Bootstrap theme that is used when displaying the Forms in the Forms App. If only a few components are being restyled, remember to enable the "Include Bootstrap CSS in addition to the custom CSS classes below" option. However if the entire theme is being overridden, then disable the option so that only the custom CSS definition is used for styling. For e.g. you can copy over any Bootswatch Theme and paste it in the CSS editor to override all styles while rendering forms.
Various PDF generation settings can be customized
- Header to include
- Footer to include
- Paper size
- Margin (left/top/right/bottom)
- Set the Company Name to show in the Title bar
- Select the Company Logo (choose a logo with appropriate colors so it will be visible in the title bar)
- Set the working days (for auto scheduling of forms)
- Save to set the application customization
- Check the version/build information for support purposes
Read more on conflict resolution in the Forms Application ahref 'User Guide'.
The Forms App also provides a PDF server. Completed forms can be converted to PDFs and saved in Document Management Systems such as Sharepoint for audit purpose, sent onward to DocuSign for a digital signature workflow etc. The Print layout of these forms is used to convert to PDF by stripping off all style information to generate crisp and clean PDFs.